Monday, August 25, 2008

More than one mom should handle!!!


Ok, for all of you that have it all together my hat is off to you. But for the rest of us with more than one kid, well, we sometimes feel out numbered and a "slight" sense of "I'm losing control" breaks free! Last week my sweet and precious friend Melanie invited the boys and I over for an afternoon of fun and dinner. Eric had been out of town for 3 days at this point and Rob, her hubby, was working late. The kids were having a blast and we were cooking together as we often times do and Sawyer found a piece of purple onion peel on the floor! ( I know, I am a horrible mother for taking my eyes off of him). Melanie and I happened to look down at the same time and see that Sawyer is turning purple and choking. What was so incredible about the whole thing is our emergency mode kicked in (we both have 3 boys by the way) and we calmly started shoving our fingers down his throat. Thank God we were over the sink because he finally threw up and luckly the onion peel came with it. Ok so that was emotional overload #1!!!

It was time to head home for baths and bed and I was ready as well. Thomas and Hudson road there bikes as I drove with Sawyer and all our stuff in the SUV. I told Thomas to wait for me at the house because Hudson's little legs can only peddle so fast ( our house is one street over). When we approached the house I didn't see Thomas. I went in thinking well maybe our front door was unlocked and sat Sawyer down. I went outside and started calling for Thomas thinking to myself..did I not just tell him to wait for me, how hard is to follow my simple instructions. Well after about 5 minutes panic sank in and all I could think of was my child has been abducted right before my eyes. No bike, no Thomas!!! I started walking down the street hollaring for him after 15 minutes and tears in my eyes I see his bike on the back side of a neighbors house about 6 houses down. I was relieved to find him but enraged that he didn't listen. I stomped over to the back yard and lets just say "I scared him half to death". He ran home as fast as he could.

Stupid me realizes OMG I left Sawyer alone with Hudson (accident waiting to happen). I run home and find Hudson running bath water and undressing Sawyer thinking he would save me some time and give his brother a bath. I came home in perfect time to also find Sawyer had put our remote control in the bath too. LORD HELP ME! Ok, I know none of you have moments like this but to me it was more than one mom should handle!! Tomorrow's a new day!

1 comment:

jessica said...

I would have freaked too! Although i am laughing cause i can totally see you chasing Thomas all the way home. Hope Eric gives you a break when he gets home!